It really does take only 5 minutes to make these supereasy vegan chestnut bonbons. Keep a jar of precooked chestnuts just in case! Yes, I use ready to consume sweet European chestnuts.
I like this recipe both with carob and cacao. I find a combination of orange and cardamon flavours really nice, but, you know, I love cardamon in general… Feel free to experiment with other flavours.
The chestnut bonbons will keep in the refrigerator for about 72 hours.
Ingredients (10 bonbons)
- 100 g cooked chestnuts
- 2 tbsp carob powder or pure cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- A pinch of cardamon (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Process all the ingredients using a blender or a food processor. You’ll get a sticky “dough”.
- Form the bonbons by rolling a piece of the dough on a flat surface (round shape) or by compacting the dough in a rectangular dish and then cutting it in equal pieces (square shape).
- Refrigerate before serving for at least one hour.
- Keep in a cool place.
Nutritional information per bonbon
- Energy: 41 cal
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Proteins: 1 g