Ingredients (serves two)
- 200 ml water
- 300 ml vegan milk of your choice
- 75 g oats (I prefer to use old-fashioned)
- 200 g (1 cup) peeled pumpkin flesh, cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon and/or 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2-3 cm of turmeric (curcuma) root, peeled and rasped, or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- To serve: 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or to taste)
- Place the pumpkin cubes and cinnamon sticks in a sauce-pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
- Add milk and bring to boil again.
- Add oatmeal, raisins, cardamon powder, and turmeric. Cook as long as it takes, approximately for another 10 minutes (cooking time varies per brand, look at the label).
- Top with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
- Energy: 292 cal
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Proteins: 14 g