This festive raw salad will cheer you up during dark autumn days.
Have you tried yacon root yet? This is definitely the discovery of the month for me. Sweet and crispy it is a perfect ingredient in raw salads, and actually a great snack on its own.
I used raw cranberries as I love the bitter taste in sweet dishes. However I’d recommend dried cranberries for those who want to stick to the sweetness.
Ingredients (serves four)
- One large yacon root
- One kohlrabi
- ¼ of a pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple vinegar
- Salt to taste
- A small bunch of parsley
- Fresh or dried cranberries to serve
How to cook
- Wash, peel and finely cut the vegetables. Use a mandolin, an electric knife or even a vegetable peeler. Place the veggies in a salad bowl.
- Chop the parsley.
- Season the salad with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. Add chopped parsley and stir.
- Decorate with cranberries and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
- Energy: 103 cal
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Proteins: 2 g