Beets from the oven are always a success. Even if you season them only with a bit of salt and oil. Even if you forget about them and keep them too long in the oven. Even if you don’t peel them. It is a product which is impossible to spoil.
I love the combination of sweet beets and the tarragon. Both fresh and dried tarragon work well. For this recipe I used beets of two colours, velvet and yellow, but any sort available is fine. Baking in the closed foil “bag” results in a very juicy texture. Yummy!
Ingredients (serves four)
- Beetroots – 500 g (3-4 pcs.)
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh or dried tarragon to taste
How to cook
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and peel the beets. Cut into slices.
- Season with olive oil and salt, stir.
- Transfer into a list of aluminium foil. Sprinkle with tarragon. Close the ends of the foil. We are cooking the beets in the closed foil “bag”.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving
- Energy – 85 cal
- Carbohydrates – 13 g
- Fiber – 2.1 g
- Proteins – 1.8 g
- Fat – 3 g