This quinoa bread recipe is gluten-free and 100% vegan. It is a fabulous alternative to supermarket bread which most of the times contains a huge amount of unnecessary (and sometimes harmful) ingredients.
This quinoa bread is ideal for toasts.
Keep it wrapped in kitchen paper. It will stay fresh for at least three days.
Ingredients (one loaf of bread)
- 250 g quinoa
- 500 ml water
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 10 g baking powder
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (heating mode above and below).
- Pour 100 ml water over chia seeds. Let stand for 25-30 minutes until a gel forms.
- Cook the quinoa in 500 ml water with 1 tsp salt on low heat for 15-17 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Blend in a food processor quinoa, chia gel, oil, baking powder, vinegar and sweetener.
- Transfer the mix in an oven dish. I usually use a rectangular silicone mold. Bread can easily jump out of it. Put the dish in the oven and bake the bread for one hour. Allow to cool. It will take approximately an hour. Be patient and make really sure to let it cool thoroughly before cutting into slices!