If you are such a big fun of avocado as myself this recipe will make you happy. So I hope at least.
These polenta wedges accompanied with mint avocado dip make an excellent snack or an appetizer. Vegan and gluten-free btw.
If you do not plan to eat the avocado dip straight after making, I recommend to place it in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, otherwise it might become brownish.
Polenta wedges (approximately 25 wedges)
- 100 g polenta (aka cornmeal or corn grits) + a bit extra cornmeal or cornflour for coating
- 500 мл vegetable broth
- Dried oregano, thyme or other herbs of your choice
- Oil for spraying the oven dish
Mint avocado dip
- 2 ripe avocados
- A bunch of fresh mint (20-25 leafs)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil. Gradually pour in polenta, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce heat and simmer as long as indicated on the packaging (the time may vary from 2 to 40 minutes. As a rule, the smaller the grits the faster they are cooked). Stir constantly, do not leave your polenta unattended.
- When ready pour the polenta onto a rectangular dish, level with a table knife and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the polenta into French fries-size slices. Separate the slices from each other and lightly roll them in cornmeal or corn flour.
- Cover the oven grid with a parchment. Drizzle with oil. Arrange polenta wedges on it and place the grid in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until wedges become golden brown. Remove the grid from the oven and let polenta cool down stock before serving.
Mint avocado dip
- Wash, peel and cut avocado.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. Try and add more salt if necessary. Enjoy!