Cheesecake. 100% vegan. 100% raw. 100% wow. Healthy. And most importantly – delicious. And you can shamelessly take some more if you want (if there is anything left ha-ha). And some more. And some more. It is pretty addictive though))) This raw vegan cheesecake is a hit of my dinners. Happy to share it with you guys, enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4-8)
[For a small cake prepared in a 11 cm round spring-form]
- 100g raisins (½ cup)
- 50 g walnuts or hazelnuts (¼ cup)
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked in cold water for several hours or overnight
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey or another liquid sweetener
- ½ tsp of natural vanilla powder
(Optional, for the green layer)
- ½ + ½ tsp powdered match or powder of young wheat
(Optional, for decorating)
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- To make the crust, chop the nuts and raisins in a blender until you get sticky mass. Transfer it to the bottom of your round spring-form, smooth out with the reverse side of a tablespoon. Press gently with your fingers to make it stick to the bottom of the form.
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- To make the filling, blend thoroughly all ingredients except for the green powder in a blender until smooth. Try. Add more honey if you feel like it. We want a homogenous soft filling, so blend long enough, about 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the filling onto the crust. Gently tap the spring-form on the table in order to smooth the surface.
- Pour ½ tsp. of the green matcha powder in the remaining half of the filling. Pulse a few times so that the powder is blended thoroughly into the filling.
- Pour the green stuff over the white one. Smooth the surface.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes in order to harden. My observation: this raw vegan cheesecake tastes better the next day, so if possible let it stand in the fridge long enough.
- When the cake hardens evenly thief the remaining green powder on the top using a tea strainer.
- Gently swipe a table knife between the side surface of the spring-form and the cake and separate the form.
- Decorate the cheesecake with raspberries.
- Cut into 4 or 8 pieces and serve.