These healthy brownies are made of … beans (I guarantee no one will ever guess)! Soak the beans prior to cooking for at least 8 hours or overnight, then rinse, bring to a boil and cook on a low heat for 45-60 minutes (otherwise follow the product instructions as cooking time may vary). You can substitute black beans with aduki beans.
Ingredients (approximately 10 mini-brownies)
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 25 + 25 g chopped pecans or walnuts
- Blend all the ingredients except 25 grams of nuts in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the remaining nuts. Mix well and pour into a small square container or a spring-form. Flatten using a table-knife. Cover with a kitchen film. Flatten again (using kitchen film will allow you to arrange a perfectly flat surface).
- Put away in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Before serving discard the film and cut the brownies in bites of your favourite size/