In order to make a wonderful ice-cream at home, it is absolutely not necessary to buy an expensive ice-cream maker. A simple blender is what you need.
Did you know that a great base for ice-cream is … bananas? Making the banana ice-cream is ridiculously easy. Just cut the bananas into small pieces, put them in an air-tight container and store in the freezer until frozen. Just before serving, remove the bananas from the freezer and process them using a blender. First bananas will crumble into tiny pieces. Continue processing! After a few minutes you will see that the consistency changes. When it resembles ice-cream, stop. This is the basic recipe. For variation, add your favourite ice-cream ingredients: vanilla, nuts, fruits, berries, mint, exotic powders…
Please find below the classic recipe, the exotic nice and purple açaí recipe and my truly favourite chocolate ice-cream recipe.
Ingredients (3 ice balls)
- 3 frozen bananas (cut before freezing into small pieces)
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp açaí powder
- (Optional) 4 drops of liquid stevia
- To make a pure banana ice-cream, process one banana in a blender until it turns out ice-cream.
- To make the chocolate one, process one banana with two teaspoons of raw pure cacao powder and in case it is not sweet enough for you, two drops of stevia.
- Finally, to make the açaí ice-cream, process the last banana with the açaí powder and, again, add stevia if you wish.
- Top with nuts and berries or anything else that you like and Eat immediately!