I know quite a few chocolate chip cookies fans and one of them is my husband. This recipe I’ve actually developed for him.
These raw chocolate chip cookies are truly tremendous. They actually do taste like cookies while they don’t contain any single ingredient of the traditional baked cookies. No flour, no sugar, nu butter, and not even chocolate. I use raw cacao nibs instead, and it works great.
The sweetness is created by dried apricots. I normally add 5-6 for this amount of cashew nuts but feel free to add more.
And last but not least: The pinch of salt is really important, don’t skip it!
How to cook
- First put the cashew nuts in your food processor and process until you get a flour-like consistency. Do not overdo, because otherwise you get a cashew butter, and this is not what we want. It does not have to be a perfect flour, some crumbles are OK.
- Chop the apricots.
- Add the chopped apricots together with the rest of the ingredients but the cacao nibs and process until you get a sticky cookie dough. Taste and see if the dough is sweet enough to your taste. If not, add more apricots.
- Now add the cacao nibs and process very briefly, like 10 sec.
- Shape the cookies by either making balls with you hands and then flattening them, or using a cookie cutter or a kitchen ring. You can make the cookies as big or as tiny as you want.
- Put away in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Nutritional information per cookie
- Energy: 106 cal
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Proteins: 3.2 g